erin judge writes this

My photo
I'm Erin Judge. I'm a comedian and a writer. I live in Los Angeles. Let's hug.

May 24, 2007

Vow Mad Libs!

Thanks to this handy vow writing crib sheet, I created a fun Bridal Mad Lib! You know, to BEAT THE STRESS!!! It was easy; I just filled in the blanks! Enjoy!

What did you think when you first saw him/her? Start from the beginning -- you didn't want to go out and now you’re grateful your friends dragged you out? How to use: "When we met at the mall, I knew you also liked the mall.”

Where do you see yourselves in 10 years? 20 years? 40 years? Go deeper than "Happily married in a big house." What are your long-term hopes, dreams, and goals? How to use: "I look forward to drinking, laughing and drinking as we drink at our forthcoming wedding reception.”

Is there a line from a movie, song, or poem that says it all? It's okay to borrow, as long as it's not too much of a cliche (we’re sorry, but "You complete me" is suffering from overuse). Instead modify something familiar to personalize. How to use: Subtly. "I watch you complete me, and I think to myself, what a wonderful world."

Can you think of a funny or touching experience that put your partner in a new light? The way he played with your little cousin or helped your grandmother up the stairs showed you that under his macho exterior is a wittle, bitty bunny wabbit and you love him for it. How to use: "When you pulled out the handcuffs, I saw you for the freak-nasty person you are. And that made me want to blow a wad in your face."

What do you have now that you didn't have before you met? Focus on the heart and head, not material possessions. Has she taught you to appreciate beauty differently? Has he helped you learn to savor creating a home-cooked meal? How to use: "Before I met you, I liked badminton. Now I continue to enjoy badminton, with the added challenge of an opponent."

What about him/her inspires you? What is it about your fiance that you'd like to improve in yourself? What do you most respect about your partner? How to use: "Your lawyer has shown me how to cheat on my taxes."

What metaphor (or simile) would capture your love? Think of something that describes or defines your love: Is it strong like a castle? Peaceful like a mountain stream? How to use: "Our love is like a strong feeling of emotion between two people because it is the noun we’ve employed most often to describe our mutual sentiment."

Why are you entering the bond of marriage? Think about why marrying your fiance is so special. You may be surprised how the answer leads you to the perfect words. How to use: "To me, marriage is hell. With you, it's double-hell.”

What will keep your marriage strong? Find the bedrock of your relationship. What makes your relationship tick? Is it your resilience? Your shared sense of humor? How to use: "Even when we enter trial separation, we will have a legal obligation to each other that will prove very time-consuming and costly to terminate."

1 comment:

Carol said...

Oh, wos, I'll have to go 'waaayyyy back . . .